Advanced Wound Care Center
More than five million American's suffer from chronic wounds – wounds that are slow to heal or won't heal. A wound that won't heal can cause a patient much physical, emotional, and financial stress. Eventually this stress can erode a person's quality of life.
At Lee's Summit Medical Center's Advanced Wound Care Center, we have one primary goal - helping chronic wounds heal as quickly as possible. We offer the latest treatments, in both technology and clinical techniques, complemented by a level of medical expertise found in few other places in the Kansas City area.
We expect our bodies to heal quickly and routinely, but healing is a very complicated process. If a wound has not healed in about three weeks with standard medical care and/or the wound is complicated by associated diabetes, infection, or poor circulation, it’s time to seek special treatment.
Our patients are treated by a team of board-certified physicians trained in all aspects of advanced chronic wound care. We treat each patient holistically, working with the patient’s primary care physician to manage underlying conditions and to develop an individualized treatment plan. Our goal for each patient is to heal wounds in a timely and sustainable manner.
Effective Treatment for Multiple Conditions
- Poor circulation in the legs
- Pressure ulcers
- Underlying bone infections (caused by chronic, open wounds)
- Traumatic injuries
- Surgical or other treatment issues
Our Treatment Services
- Wound Debridement
- Compression Wraps
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (vacuum sealing techniques)
- Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (determines amount of healing oxygen reaching the skin)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Bioengineered Skin and Collagen Products
- Biopsies preformed on-site
- Coordination of health aids, including referrals for shoes, bed, seating cushions, and more.
- Training for patient and family for care at home.
- Education resources for illness prevention, proper nutrition, hygiene, and more.
- Ongoing communication for the patient and physicians throughout the healing process.
Scheduling an appointment
Physician referral is recommended, although not required for treatment. Our staff can assist you or your patients in coordinating insurance coverage, including preauthorization.
Advanced Wound Care Center Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Call (816) 525-3053 or fax (816) 525-3135 to schedule an appointment or to refer a patient.