Imaging Services at Lee's Summit Medical Center
Our Imaging Center offers advanced technology to look inside the body – without surgery – to aid in the diagnosis of disease or to see an injury. Our board-certified Radiologists and Imaging Technologists provide a full-range of diagnostic testing to help your doctor provide the best care possible. The Imaging Center at Lee's Summit Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and includes:
- Breast Imaging through our Breast Center provides comprehensive services, including screening and diagnostic Digital Mammography.
- An advanced MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) system.
- A 128-Slice CT scanner that produces vivid, 3D images of the body | Coronary Calcium Scan
- PET (positron emission tomography), a non-invasive procedure that images the function of cells to show the difference between normal and diseased tissue. The PET scan looks at the physiological changes and cellular activity to detect cancer earlier.
- Bone Densitometry to measure bone loss and detect osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Nuclear Medicine testing used to take picture of bones and internal organs after they have absorbed a radioactive substance.
- Ultrasound imaging, also called ultrasound scanning or sonography, involves exposing part of the body to high-frequency sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. Because ultrasound images are captured in real-time, they can show the structure and movement of the body's internal organs, as well as blood flowing through blood vessels.
Summit Ridge Imaging Center is located on our campus at 600 NW Murray Road. This center provides imaging services in a 2nd, convenient location. Easy and convenient access to imaging and radiology services is the key to making your visit as quick and efficient as possible. This center is also part of the larger Imaging Services Department at Lee's Summit Medical Center. If you require a test that isn’t offered at our Summit Ridge campus, we’ll make arrangements for your transportation to the Main campus.