More than five million American's suffer from chronic wounds – wounds that are slow to heal or won't heal.
At Lee's Summit Medical Center's Advanced Wound Care Center, we have one primary goal - helping chronic wounds heal as quickly as possible. We offer the latest treatments, in both technology and clinical techniques, including, Wound Vac or negative pressure wound therapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and many other wound treatment options complemented by an individualized treatment plan where our patients work one-on-one with our wound experts and physicians
We expect our bodies to heal quickly and routinely, but healing is a very complicated process. If a wound has not healed in about three weeks with standard medical care and/or the wound is complicated by associated diabetes, infection, or poor circulation, it’s time to seek special treatment.
Our patients are treated by a team of board-certified physicians trained in all aspects of advanced chronic wound care. We treat each patient holistically, working with the patient’s primary care physician to manage underlying conditions and to develop an individualized treatment plan. Our goal for each patient is to heal wounds in a timely and sustainable manner.
Effective Treatment for Multiple Conditions
- Poor circulation in the legs
- Pressure ulcers
- Underlying bone infections (caused by chronic, open wounds)
- Traumatic injuries
- Surgical or other treatment issues
Our Treatment Services
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (wound vac)
- Wound Debridement
- Compression Wraps
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (determines amount of healing oxygen reaching the skin)
- Bioengineered Skin and Collagen Products
- Biopsies preformed on-site
- Coordination of health aids, including referrals for shoes, bed, seating cushions, and more.
- Training for patient and family for care at home.
- Education resources for illness prevention, proper nutrition, hygiene, and more.
- Ongoing communication for the patient and physicians throughout the healing process.
Scheduling an appointment
Physician referral is recommended, although not required for treatment. Our staff can assist you or your patients in coordinating insurance coverage, including preauthorization.